Bruces animal trust

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

blacko1974 wrote:

Mr B wrote:

A tiny bit of history : When the PDSA was set up, the less generous qualified vets tried to f*ck it up and close it down. 100 years ago.

I’m starting to class vets in the same category as lawyers and estate agents, you just automatically accept that what they say is the truth and that you should heed their advice. Vets know that your going to find the dough somehow, even if it put’s you up shit creek.

When Macey had issues with her skin flaking the cunts wanted £850 to do a skin scrapping. I went through the staffie forums and told the vet to check for Demodex as it doesnt require a scrapping and takes about 30 seconds to confirm. Vet was a twat and said its not Demodex. A heated discussion started and the vet relented. Turned out it was Demodex – £49 for a 6 month treatment.

The irony is that the skin scrapping wouldnt have even checked for Demodex. The vet was told I wouldnt be using him again.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

After my lab Lucy rang back to me with her indestructible kong frisbee she was limping and really bad. I’m not kidding when I say I was bricking it. She was about a year old. Took her straight to the vets who diagnosed her with hip dysplasia. X-ray treatment all the rest of it was going to cost a bomb. I didn’t believe them I took her for second opinion was told it was a sprain. Gave some anti inflammatory to put in her food. No running jumping light walks on flat surface for a week. Well needless to say thank fuck she fully recovered after a week and has been fine ever since. That was 18 months ago and without fail I’m out everyday with her. She’s loves that frisbee I tell ya.

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Haz40 wrote:

After my lab Lucy rang back to me with her indestructible kong frisbee she was limping and really bad. I’m not kidding when I say I was bricking it. She was about a year old. Took her straight to the vets who diagnosed her with hip dysplasia. X-ray treatment all the rest of it was going to cost a bomb. I didn’t believe them I took her for second opinion was told it was a sprain. Gave some anti inflammatory to put in her food. No running jumping light walks on flat surface for a week. Well needless to say thank fuck she fully recovered after a week and has been fine ever since. That was 18 months ago and without fail I’m out everyday with her. She’s loves that frisbee I tell ya.

I’ve heard people do this kind of thing before Haz, maybe a crushed paracetamol in the dogs food etc. I think most of us panic when our pet takes ill, they are an additional member of the family in my opinion. Bonnie is too old for frisbees these days, I still throw the ball for her but she looks at me like ” you fucking get it “

Blocked

Ive used quite a few “human” medicines on Macey and they have worked really well (Germolene, paracetemol, TCP etc.)

I get that look to Blacko – the “you through it dickhead you go an pick it up” lol

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Agree completely part of the family. We lost another lab 3 years ago proper heart broken took 6 months to persuade the missus to get another. Now we seem to have the craziest liveliest bonkers dog ever lol.

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw
    Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

As you can see not spoilt much with all the toys.

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

Haz40 wrote:

As you can see not spoilt much with all the toys.

Yeah I recognise the drill, empty every toy out the box and then decide that they would rather chew the leg of the dining room table.

Blocked

Looks like it’s the couch for me tonight

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

andywilliams1187 wrote:

I missed that post mate, looks like it was the couch for you last night. The wife tells me this afternoon that the vet called yesterday and told us we need to pop in for a 2 week course of medication prior to her operation, another 60 notes on top of the 520 already quoted. i’m fucked off with it all, now she is fucking quiet with me because I’ve kicked off bout it, Women are moody fuckers.

blacko1974 WANTED $248
    Spectator

andywilliams1187 wrote:

Ive used quite a few “human” medicines on Macey and they have worked really well (Germolene, paracetemol, TCP etc.)

I get that look to Blacko – the “you through it dickhead you go an pick it up” lol

Think i’ve made a rod for my own back. Phoned vet on Monday and explained that I thought the fees were a bit high and I would like to seek the opinion of another vet before agreeing to commence the operation.. So Billy big balls here takes the dog to a local practice and guess what? They want £60 more than the first lot, their fucking worse than estate agents these shmucks, If it wasn’t for her age then I would have took her to the PDSA.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)