Anyone who can advise please?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Chloeferris99 WANTED $3
    Outlaw

andywilliams1187 wrote:

Chloeferris99 wrote:

5. Ashleigh registered him as lost on the website at around midnight 22nd January, hours after he had been euthanized. On their twitter page they had shared the advert on the 20th January, 1 day before. Twitter is a huge platform and if they had posted it there sooner he would have been found. How could they post it knowing they were going to kill him the next day? How is that fair? Not only that but they then shared ashleighs advert on the 22nd after he was already pts. The pictures clearly show it is the same cat. They should be completely ashamed of themselves for letting this happen.

6. Finally this point is the most important. People are defending the Rspca by using the fact that he wasn’t chipped as a justification for him being put to sleep or having such a short opportunity to be found. If he had been chipped there are many occasions where the owner isn’t contactable or even they can’t locate the chip. So how anyone could use this as a reason to blame ashleigh is beyond me because the chip is NOT the reason he is dead. It was a neglect of care from a supposed to be trusted establishment whose sole purpose is to rescue and care for animals. Yes this could have been avoided but the real problem here and the only people to blame are the vets who decided he wasn’t worthy and the RSPCA for their outrageous policies

No one is defending the RSPCA in the decision that they made. I agree that it looks like they did not provide a reasonable time frame regarding this; all that is being pointed out is that it is important to have any pet micro-chipped as it does help with the identification process. At no point has anyone blamed Ashleigh and I truly believe that everyone who has posted is very sympathetic to what has happened. No one wants to see an animal put to sleep, especially if it is a family pet and the family are doing everything they can to locate their pet.

The RSPCA will not always attempt to re-home animals that have any signs of infection due to potential complications or spreading of infection to other animals. I am not defending what they have done in this case, but I dont think its fair to say that everyone is having a go at Ashleigh and justifying what the RSPCA did over a micro-chip

Sorry I was unclear in my post this was based entirely on the Facebook thread which has hundreds of comments – I thought ashleigh had linked the thread in her post that’s my mistake, I appreciate the responses on this forum as no one has blamed ashleigh – I’m just hurt and shocked by this situation and my anger is reflected in my post so I’m sorry for that

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

No worries, thought there must have been some misunderstanding lol.

One thing this forum does really well is help people when they are in trouble so no one would intentionally berate anyone in this situation………….unlike facebook. But I have my own views on that place which I know a fair few people on here share as well.

Chloeferris99 WANTED $3
    Outlaw

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214754319026362&id=1076436566

feel free to take a look I hope you can understand why myself and ashleigh are so frustrated with insensitive people who just want to rub salt in the wound of someone who is already grieving

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

Just ignore the nasty heartless fuckers who want drama.

I mean why even point the finger at Ashleigh for not chipping the little one? I didnt chip my felix and still havent chipped Cleo. Caesar is chipped but is it really an issue?

I tell you fucking now no its not!

The issue is the Rspca who are completely in the wrong time frame wise. For one you can completely tell a stray from a house cat!

And giving someone a week to come and collect her, or find out if the rspca have her is fucking obsurd!

Most people dont report their cats missing for days on end. Cos they love to fuck off for ages then come back all muddied up and look at you saying “whats all the fuss daddy?”

lil fuckers. 🙂

So what if she wasnt chipped .and so what if she had an ear infection.

She was clearly a house cat who had a home. And they robbed her of it.

I for one am fucking fuming over the ridiculous time frame they gave.

little1large1 WANTED $43
    Outlaw

Sad story indeed and one I know you will carry guilt for a long time, however as has been stated an unfortunate serious of events, in hindsight we would all do things differently in life.

I hope with time you get over your loss.

Thinking of you.

andywilliams1187 WANTED $398
    Blocked

little1large1 wrote:

Sad story indeed and one I know you will carry guilt for a long time, however as has been stated an unfortunate serious of events, in hindsight we would all do things differently in life.

I hope with time you get over your loss.

Thinking of you.

Hello mate,

Hope you dont mind me asking but what reg where you in? When I was in the RGJ I remember meeting a Linseed Lancer down in Aldershot and he was fucking huge!! Saw your posts before and thought could it be…………

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

I’m really sorry for your loss, this sucks big time… I can understand how you feel…. Maybe go down to the rspca and take on another Cat that’s not got a good home, it will help with your loss looking after and saving another distressed animal…. ❤️

Eightblack WANTED $446
    Outlaw

This brought a tear to my eye ? I’m so so sorry that has happened, if there’s anything a random internet person can do to male you feel better please let me know that’s truly awful x

little1large1 WANTED $43
    Outlaw

Andy I was in 1st Battalion Royal Anglicans yep a grunt.

When I was stationed in Colchester I remember we drank in the Castle pub and the Green Jackets drank the other end of the street in the Wagon n Horses, we then use to meet at the Hippodrome and fight lol lol.

Fun days.

Chloeferris99 WANTED $3
    Outlaw

**update** I’m absolutely sick to my stomach and shaking with anger that the RSPCA have tried to cover their own backs because of the uproar from the post on Facebook. When they contacted ashleigh yesterday and informed him Cleo had been pts they only told her about the ear problem and gave that as their reasoning for deeming him unsuitable of rehoming. Now there are a lot of angry people on Facebook who demanded answers and they have responded with their lousiest attempt of covering up the fact that they killed a cat that could have been fixed very easily had they just invested a small amount of time, money and care into him. He had been very recently looked at by a local vet who only reported on a small ear infection but nothing significant enough to affect his wellbeing. How come it was just an ear problem yesterday now all of a sudden there’s a number of things that were wrong with him? Absolutely dispicable. If he was in so much pain and so severely unwell WHY did they keep him alive for 7 days only to make the decision on the last day that he has suffered enough? I have never been so livid in my life. I can’t believe they’re going to get away with this. Not to mention the fact that they shared the advert for him missing on twitter on the 20th Jan. 1 day before euthanizing. If they TRULY believed he was unwell he wouldn’t have even made it to the 20th and they would definitely not have posted it, giving the owner 1 day to claim him. I’m lost for words and so so angry. ??

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Lawyer up… Don’t post on FB no more until you do.. ?

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Im sorry to hear about your sad story today. Unfortunately I know what it’s like to lose a pet. It’s heart breaking especially in the circumstances you’ve had to endure. They are part of the family.?

Anonymous WANTED $483
    Inactive

Lawyer up time my friend. They are obviously trying to cover this up.

Im sure their is someone here who can advise you on what to do legally.

I for one have your corner X

Ashleighf93 WANTED $5
    Outlaw

I’ve already been thinking how I would like a vet to determine the degree of his illness and whether he should have been p.t.s or not, but that would be costly ?

So unless there’s some sort of protection or trust that would do this for free I doubt I will ever get suitable answers from the RSPCA for their conduct.

The only thing I wanted was to find my cat safe and well, now I don’t know what I want apart from justice. No idea how to begin to achieve that.

?

Stevie25 WANTED $254
    Outlaw

Ashleighf93 wrote:

I’ve already been thinking how I would like a vet to determine the degree of his illness and whether he should have been p.t.s or not, but that would be costly ?

So unless there’s some sort of protection or trust that would do this for free I doubt I will ever get suitable answers from the RSPCA for their conduct.

The only thing I wanted was to find my cat safe and well, now I don’t know what I want apart from justice. No idea how to begin to achieve that.

?

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/sip/law/ImmigrationLaw?r=ppc|ga|5|1528192983|66873962148|&JPKW=animal%20lawyer&JPDC=S&JPST=&JPAD=289879527538&JPMT=b&JPNW=g&JPAF=txt&JPRC=1&JPCD=20180824&JPOP=&JCLT=&cmpid=1528192983&agid=66873962148&fiid=&tgtid=kwd-298636319268&ntw=g&dvc=t&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvqDiBRDAARIsADWh5Td9hz4_FoK5dViFlhtPyyP3JzEsDaTsr7KwgpeCF4Vf2cf3FndnKasaArj5EALw_wcB

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)