An update on my gamble free journey

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Avernite WANTED $23
    Outlaw

Hey guys some might remember a post I made a couple of months ago outlining a massive loss and me trying to get back on top of things, thought I’d drop in an update. 🙂

Managed to knock the debt down from $6,000 to $3900 as of today, slowly working on getting my license and car regged up but that’s taken a month set back thanks to one of my cats needing $600 emergency care. Have still been gambling minor amounts out of moments of weakness but for the most part have been like 20-40 a week. Last night had a bit of a silly bash for $90 after getting $100 for helping a mate with a cash job. Feels like I’m on a bit of a shitty cycle and after every site I always self-exclude but there are so many sites it’s like fighting an uphill battle. I am noticing each time the damage is less and less and it is getting harder for me to find sites to play on which is at least a positive sign of things to come.

Anyone else going through something similar or those wise ones who have been there done that pop in and post 🙂

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Almost halved your debt though mate look at the positive, best advice i could give is take up a new hobby. Occupying your mind with things other than the spinning reels is the key to success. That’s my opinion anyway so could potentially be bullshit but i truly believe that.

What sort of cat you got? a siberian tiger? thats a huge bill for a cat is it not. Anyway atleast you had that money around to use for something important to you other than gambling though right.

Good luck going forward 😀

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

Malkychamp wrote:

Almost halved your debt though mate look at the positive, best advice i could give is take up a new hobby. Occupying your mind with things other than the spinning reels is the key to success. That’s my opinion anyway so could potentially be bullshit but i truly believe that.

What sort of cat you got? a siberian tiger? thats a huge bill for a cat is it not. Anyway atleast you had that money around to use for something important to you other than gambling though right.

Good luck going forward ?

£8,000 was my biggest vet bill. Dog only cost £800 ??

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

Rbreen91 wrote:

Malkychamp wrote:

£8,000 was my biggest vet bill. Dog only cost £800 ??

I must be heartless that dog would have been gone in a shot haha

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

I’d have paid more if I had to haha. Wish I had insurance right enough, but it’s mega expensive for some breeds.

Avernite WANTED $23
    Outlaw

Malkychamp wrote:

Just a standard ginger cat mate ? the other one once cost me $1,000 once. He got into a major scrap and needed to get stitches lucky the vet is letting me slowly pay it and off. Budget is tight but manageable ? living week by week at the moment but aiming for debt free by February

Malkychamp WANTED $485
    Outlaw

I don’t get on very well with cats there to sneaky for my liking haha

Just keep chipping away at it best you can thats all you can do really. Having a plan could help but you just never know when something like that can pop up. Its going the right direction just now just need to stick at it

Biohazard WANTED $675
    Outlaw

Great result that buddy, keep it up! $2,100 down is a lot, you’re definitely on the right track. We all slip from time to time, just make sure to control it and recover as best you can if and when that happens.

Plenty of people on here will be going through the same thing. Thanks for sharing, I genuinely enjoy reads such as this one. 🙂

Haz40 WANTED $1,166
    Outlaw

Nice one mate. Definitely looks like your heading in the right direction and even better when you can physically see the benefits. ?

ligarr WANTED $82
    Outlaw

Gamstop yourself,by the sounds of it from experience of myself doing it numerous times,you will eventually have a big loss again even if you think you can stick to these smaller deposits.

Avernite WANTED $23
    Outlaw

Cheers guys for the support. The tilt is a horrible thing but only one way forward. Hopefully it all goes well aiming for a house next year got just enough for a deposit thanks to Kiwisaver scheme (basically a savings scheme where your employer matches you dollar for dollar up to a few % of your pay, can only use for a first house deposit or retirement).

Wish banks in New Zealand could ban gambling transactions tbh, would make it so much easier.

Avernite WANTED $23
    Outlaw

@Ligarr unfortunately Gamstop is not available in my country. I’d absolutely love it if it was.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)