An annoying, demotivating slip up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Avernite WANTED $23
    Outlaw

Hey as some of you know I’m on a quest to kick online gambling. Sadly during this long weekend I got bored and wound up punting about $500NZD (pretty much my pay after rent and gym membership) on fucking Microgaming Atlantic City BlackJack (always tilt so fucking hard on this one).

In saying that, something changed (still had $600 on the credit card I could have wasted). I stopped mid tilt. Was really fucking hard, but I just kept replaying what happened last time and how much progress I had made since then and didn’t want to ruin it all. 11 months ago I had about $11,000 in debt, with no savings, barely living paycheck to paycheck to try and clear this as fast as possible. I currently have about $2900 to go until I’m fully debt free.

I put these posts out there to get it off my chest, and reaffirm that I’m on the right path. It can be hard opening up to people close to you who don’t understand the issues some of us degens go through. Anyone going through something similar to me, just remember that we may sometimes fall, but we can’t give up. I’ve had many relapses but I’m still slowly making progress 🙂

Cheers for reading this and for your guys continued support

Seyahkram1977 WANTED $697
    Outlaw

Avernite wrote:

Hey as some of you know I’m on a quest to kick online gambling. Sadly during this long weekend I got bored and wound up punting about $500NZD (pretty much my pay after rent and gym membership) on fucking Microgaming Atlantic City BlackJack (always tilt so fucking hard on this one).

In saying that, something changed (still had $600 on the credit card I could have wasted). I stopped mid tilt. Was really fucking hard, but I just kept replaying what happened last time and how much progress I had made since then and didn’t want to ruin it all. 11 months ago I had about $11,000 in debt, with no savings, barely living paycheck to paycheck to try and clear this as fast as possible. I currently have about $2900 to go until I’m fully debt free.

I put these posts out there to get it off my chest, and reaffirm that I’m on the right path. It can be hard opening up to people close to you who don’t understand the issues some of us degens go through. Anyone going through something similar to me, just remember that we may sometimes fall, but we can’t give up. I’ve had many relapses but I’m still slowly making progress ?

Cheers for reading this and for your guys continued support

Keep it up …. half a step back sometimes is a good thing … keeps us sharp and reminds us what can and did do wrong in the past ….. you’re  almost there …. imagine that feeling when it’s done …. good luck

DuffMan WANTED $3
    Outlaw

Keep going buddy. Those slip ups can help you in a way, they will anoy you that much that it will make you more determined to do it for yourself. Keep it up, just one day at a time. Buy a little bank and whatever you would normally gamble each month shove it in the wee bank and forget about it. End of the year is your bonus, I mean why not you’ve survived this far grinding while you gamble so might aswell put that bad habit to good use. Keep it in your head that you ain’t ever getting that set for life win, only way your getting it is good old fashioned grind. Best of luck, keep up the posts and let us all know how you are doing.

Avernite WANTED $23
    Outlaw

Thanks guys 🙂 really helps. Might start chucking a bit aside in cash each week, maybe $50 a week and just watch it grow. The rest I’m using to clear the credit card as quickly as possible so I can avoid paying interest. I find rotating credit far easier to pay off than say a personal loan.

You’re totally right on the slip ups being helpful too. I was told by my gambling counselor (when I went, stopped a few months back) that slip ups are normal, and without learning that I don’t think I’d have the perseverance I have now to push past them. Hopefully in a couple of months I can post up a victory post 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)