A kick in the dick Christmas gift…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Avernite WANTED $23
    Outlaw

Went past the car this morning (I park outside my house) to see a ticket on the windscreen. WOF (warrant of fitness) just expired a month ago without me noticing, $200 fine. City council are a bunch of wankers. Filed an appeal (puts the payment time on hold until it’s processed) to see if they’ll show me mercy as I’ve got no priors and pointing out that the $200 would probably be better spent towards getting the car up to standard.

Vent over… (please note this isn’t a begging thread, I should be able to have it all sorted just after new years) anyone else had shit like this happen before?

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

Happened last year to me. I just paid it.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

The fucks a wof? I know you said warrant of fitness but I’ve never heard of it before. Sounds like they look at a car and think it’s not fit to be on the road.. I’ve had rusty as fuck pre 2000 Nissan’s that are more reliable than half of this crap on the road at the minute. Warrant for fitness pfft.

If I’m wrong, then what is it? ?

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

The fucks a wof? I know you said warrant of fitness but I’ve never heard of it before. Sounds like they look at a car and think it’s not fit to be on the road.. I’ve had rusty as fuck pre 2000 Nissan’s that are more reliable than half of this crap on the road at the minute. Warrant for fitness pfft.

If I’m wrong, then what is it? ?

It’s a down under MOT haha.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

??

Aussies have to confuse everything. Why not just call it an MOT? well get your car MOTd then ?? sorry ??

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

Because it’s not a Ministry of transport test ? warrant of fitness actually sounds a lot more sensible haha.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

? smart arse ? I agree, it does sound better. So does WOF. ??

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

You know me pal ?

Avernite WANTED $23
    Outlaw

New Zealander thank you very much ? but yes, I will pay it after New years. May as well chance an appeal in the meantime. Can’t even move the fucker currently charging the battery because i haven’t driven it for so long it went flat ? happy days

Avernite WANTED $23
    Outlaw

The wof won’t be too bad to get, just completely forgot about it. I’ve driven it maybe twice this year.

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

That’s what happened to me. I used my work Ute all the time, I completely forgot about the car haha.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

How come you have a car if you only drive it twice a year? Are you a car hoarder like me and cant bare get rid of your old cars? ?

Sorryyyyy, New Zealand ?? I always forget that is down near aus. 🙂

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

Winningbird wrote:

How come you have a car if you only drive it twice a year? Are you a car hoarder like me and cant bare get rid of your old cars? ?

Sorryyyyy, New Zealand ?? I always forget that is down near aus. ?

In my case I bought a Subaru Impreza. ? but I ended up using the work hilux all the time, because it was handier.

Winningbird WANTED $574
    Outlaw

We had a wrx wagon and it was the worst japanese car we’ve ever had. It broke down on the way home from getting it. Ended up trading it for my civic which was perfect until it started overheating 5 years later. Not to mention Subaru are a fucker to do any kind of work on ? stick with the hilux. I’m debating on what car to get after xmas. Not sure whether to get another civic, an accord or a nice lexus.

Rbreen91 WANTED $493
    Outlaw

Sold the Impreza before I moved back to Scotland anyway haha.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)